Caring Across Generations
- The Caring Across Generations campaign is a national initiative to transform the long-term care system and change the way we care in this country. Our movement represents the families who struggle to find and afford quality care to meet the basic needs of their loved ones, care workers who often lack the protections of basic labor laws, and consumers who want to live with dignity and independence in their homes.
- In partnership with the National Domestic Workers Alliance and over 200 other organizations, Jobs With Justice is bringing together seniors, people with disabilities, working families, and direct care workers to build a caring majority and reshape the caregiving industry through public town halls, public education, policy solutions, celebrity engagement, and worker organizing.
Be sure to check out the Colorado's Care Economy report:
- The Fair Chance campaign challenges the stereotypes of people with conviction histories by asking employers to choose their best candidates based on job skills and qualifications, not past convictions. Since 1 in 4 adults in the U.S. has a conviction history, the impact of this discrimination is widespread and affects other aspects of life in addition to employment opportunities.
- Through asking local businesses and non-profit organization to sign the Fair Chance Pledge, we are working to ensure all applicants receive equal consideration for employment. Removing questions about criminal histories from job applications is one simple change that eases hiring barriers and creates a fair chance to compete for jobs.
- The Fair Chance campaign is working to train volunteers and develop constituent leadership in order to reach out to as many Denver metro area employers as possible. Fair chance volunteers and leaders contact employers in order to inform and educate them about the benefits associated with offering community members with criminal histories a fair chance at employment. For those employers willing to make a commitment to help end hiring discrimination, they are asked to sign the Fair Chance pledge which functions as an endorsement of the campaign's goals.